Regional Prevention Partnership Goals
- Reduce underage and binge drinking among
- Reduce marijuana use among
- Reduce prescription drug misuse and abuse among
- Increase state, regional, and community capacity to prevent underage and binge drinking, prescription drug misuse, and marijuana use through a targeted regional approach.
Strategies under the RPP include:
- Education and outreach to Community on proper storage and safe disposal of prescription drugs:
- Expansion of permanent safe prescription drug drop-off locations
- Local policy enhancements to prevent marijuana use
- Local policy enhancements to prevent underage drinking
- Regional capacity building
- Support for responsible beverage service trainings
- Outreach to pharmacies and providers on providing education to patients
- Support for peer leadership/youth empowerment
- Work with law enforcement to decrease underage/binge drinking
Caring Communities works with community partners to identify and implement strategies to prevent and reduce substance abuse, especially among youth and young adults, and equip individuals, families, and the community at large to create healthy, substance-free environments where everyone can thrive.